Thursday, June 7, 2012

Racist subway rider gets prison time

A woman is getting five months in prison for her racist drunk tirade on a subway. It will probably be lowered but at least she is getting something.

Jacqueline Woodhouse, whose drunk and racist tirade on a subway went viral on YouTube, has been sentenced to five months in prison.

The 42-year-old woman pleaded guilty "to causing alarm and distress" earlier this month for the Jan. 23 incident. She was sentenced Tuesday to 21 weeks behind bars, though she can be released in as little as 10 weeks, The Daily Mail reported. The sentence also includes a five-year public transportation ban while Woodhouse is inebriated.

This isn't the first time Woodhouse has been in trouble with the law for public racism. In December 2008, she was fined for harassing a man on the train over whether or not he had paid taxes.
Source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who do I call when a few black kids tell me "you just took a wrong turn white boy"? Would that be a hate crime. A racist act. No, because I am white. Did they really hate me because I was white? Well, they weren't offering me a ride home. You can sensor this blog owner, but at least you read it. Your blog is unbalanced.

The Sanity Inspector said...

I can't agree with a sentence like this, because I can't agree that this is a crime (the public drunkenness aside). Free speech must be defended at its most repellent and unpopular, if it is to be defended at all.