Sunday, February 19, 2012

ESPN posts racial slur on website

On Friday, ESPN's website posted the headline "Chink In The Armor" which was about New York Knicks new star player Jeremy Lin, who is Asian. Just wow, wow, I'm just speechless.

Here's ESPN's lame response:
Last night, ESPN.com's mobile web site posted an offensive headline referencing Jeremy Lin at 2:30 am ET. The headline was removed at 3:05 am ET. We are conducting a complete review of our cross-platform editorial procedures and are determining appropriate disciplinary action to ensure this does not happen again. We regret and apologize for this mistake.
Source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mission of this blog is to, as you stated ... “This blog is to show and point out incidents that prove just how racist the world still is and we're hoping through this blog that the world can change and get better for everyone.”

I totally agree racism is still in our society today and I believe it is important to identify things that occur so society can learn from them and hopefully not repeat the cycle. As I started reading your head lines and voting questions (for example “How many whites do you think are racist?”) It seems as if you are NOT saying racism is across ALL demographics, but from “white” only to “other” skin colors. As a “mixed” woman (I prefer no identification), I have be tormented by racism from many (White, Black, Hispanics, etc.) sides. I have seen that all sides have racism. How about the story of the black college students beating the other black college student to death because he acted “white” and gay! Really … where is that posting?

Be REAL! If you are going to state your mission, make sure your true intentions are there. You are “stirring the pot” and making hate boil. Racism is a problem within EVERY demographic!

Mike said...

Since mainstream media doesn't seem to cover a lot of incidents that happen to non-white people that's what I try to cover. I apologize if anyone is offended by that.

Obviously I don't catch all of the racist incidents in the world and I post what I find. If anyone finds things that they feel should be posted please post a comment and let me know.

I see your point about the poll, it was something I was just curious about.